Wednesday, April 22, 2015

whats going on.


Today, while I was having my daily treadmill time, half of my littles were inside screaming and fighting. Yes, even though some have thought my house runs perfectly, that does go on around here. I just tuned them out and kept having my “me” time. 

I am curious why God seems to talk to me while I’m in the shower. You wouldn’t believe some of the revelations I receive. Maybe it’s because it’s one of the few times I’m not busy or preoccupied with the eleven little people that live in my home.

Sophia started a new rewards system in our house. Everyone starts out with a star and at anytime it can be lost. If you are caught doing something extraordinary, you can earn a superstar badge. Wow-- the things that can motivate a kid’s heart. Ethan even let Pearl go first in and out of the van. Most of the time it’s just a mad rush to the front door of the house. His comment, “Ladies first” earned him the badge. Let’s see how long this works. 

Parker has now been injured a little too long for my liking as a Mom. The doctor’s remedy didn’t work. Now, I’ve insisted on him being referred to an orthopedic. A fourteen year old walking like a hundred year old man after track just doesn’t seem right. And to think this seems to have come from the high jump in track and not from football. I would have never thought. 

Charlie now officially plays the drums for our Wednesday evening worship service. Amazing. At nine years old, his drum lessons with Joshua are really working-- even though they got in a fight and Charlie quit after his first lesson. Good thing he called Joshua that day and apologized. They are pretty funny together. 

Only eighteen more days of school left. Can you hear me shouting for joy!!

Tallulah loves wearing the girls old recital costumes. She really shows all the traits of a baby in a family of eleven. Must I explain? Spoiled and a princess. 

At his football practices, Lincoln is now known as “pitbull” (after the breed not the rapper).

When I asked River if he wants to watch the Bubble Guppies dvd that a sweet Mom from our church gave me, his reply was “No, Hobbit”. And he’s three. 

Ruby is addicted to sidewalk chalk, barking like a puppy and asking a million times a day when Summer will be here because that is when she gets to start taking dance classes with her sisters. 

Jasper has a black eye from running into the back of River’s head. And River has a black eye from falling into a chair at church. Bruiser brothers. 

Jace has been taking a million cat naps the past two days and nursing a billion times in the day. He hates being in his car seat since the only thing he wants do to is be snuggled and held real tight and cozy. Did I mention that he smiles a ton and just started making cooing sounds. 

And Chris has been contemplating and praying if he should transfer to the high school that’s just a little closer to our house and where Parker plays all his sports. Please pray for him.






1 comment:

Vivian said...

i would love to love on your baby...he is such a bundle of love.
have a great day!
xoxoxo