Monday, November 24, 2014

until next year.

 I love that today is the first day of Thanksgiving break. 

This school year has gone by so much faster than previous ones. I’m so glad we haven’t taken days off ‘just because’. In the long run, it’s better and I’m excited to think ahead that we’ll be done earlier than normal. 

Today we are going to spend some time tending to the front yard garden. My favorite thing to do. Chris has even said that he can see why old grandpas who are retired spend so much time trimming and working in the garden. There’s something relaxing and peaceful about it. 

Hopefully, we can convince Parker to get on the roof, which he likes doing every year, and hang our Christmas lights. The kids were already chanting.....Christmas lights.....Christmas lights...Christmas lights. 

My Christmas cards are addressed and waiting for December 1st to get mailed out. They ended up not being as easy as expected. The company I had print them made my kiddos look green so I had to take new pictures and have them reprinted. The kiddos didn’t mind and actually said it was fun taking this year’s pictures. Strange words to hear from their mouths. 

Another bit of exciting news is that Parker has his first high school basketball scrimmage later this afternoon. I took out my school (Parker’s school) colors to wear to the game and show my support. I found a t-shirt on etsy that I might buy for next football season. It says, “I can’t stay calm-- it’s football season”. I never realized I would get so into high school sports. Well, at least the ones my son plays. Ha! 

Anyways, we had a great weekend: Ethan and Charlie had their closing football ceremony and they had the best potluck I think I have ever eaten at. Oh my! Ethan received a trophy for Outstanding Lineman and Charlie received a trophy for Offensive Player of the Year. Next year, Lincoln will be joining the tackle football team. 

Life is good. My kids are healthy and I love serving Jesus with them all. My family makes me proud!




No comments: