Thursday, February 27, 2014

one day.

Tonight I’m sad.

Sometime between Sunday and Tuesday we lost baby 11.

During church on Sunday morning, I had some ‘complications’ which led me to think that something might be wrong. And on Tuesday, I was given a blood test which looked like I had probably miscarried.

I cried out to God, on my knees with tears asking God to please let the little growing blessing still be safe in my tummy.

I still had hope even when I was told the chance was so slim.

But yesterday, it was confirmed-- I am no longer pregnant. Even though my heart will bare a scar from this loss, I know Jesus heals and I will be ok.

Right now I’m just sad. But I’m so thankful to have Jesus walk through this with me. He gives me hope and strength even when I’m in a difficult place such as now.

And like my compassionate sister-in-law wrote me: In Heaven, her baby, Jonathan, has a new cousin to play with and Papa has a new little one to love.

And I know with all my heart that one day we will all meet the one we miss tonight.

14 comments:

Thoughts for the day said...

so sorry :o{ allow yourself to feel sad and then allow the children to feel it too.
It is real.

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry Wendy. My heart goes out to you. We will be praying for you and your family.

Leanne said...

Thank you for sharing this. Thank you for sharing your sadness.

I hurt for you. Having been in your place 6 times, I hurt for you.

You are definitely not walking alone. Thanks for admitting you're sad though. Many people think that Christians never experience sadness or pain and many Christians offer empty platitudes….it hurts and it's hard to lose a baby that you wanted so badly, but you are NOT alone! There's a community of BabyLoss Mamas out there….

And your sister-in-law is pretty smart! I love her…

May the Lord comfort your heart and fill your days with tangible reminders that He is holding you!

Unknown said...

Your an amazing mommy and all your children are blessed to have you. Your love for each one is evident to all and this baby is no different! I know you will cling to Jesus and his faithfulness will carry you because you trust him so much! My prayers for your aching heart are frequent and fervent!

My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever psalm 73:26


joysautismblog said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious baby. Praying for you all.

Krystal said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having been there, myself, I can tell you that while it will never be completely gone, time will numb the hurt. Keep leaning on the Lord and your family--they'll get you through.

Jo said...

I'm so sorry x

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your HUGE loss Wendy. Praying for you in the coming days as you continue to mourn the loss of your precious little one.

Vivian said...

so sorry for your loss Wendy, God will provide the comfort you need to heal.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm sorry for your loss Wendy.

I am so thankful for that hope that one day you will see your beloved baby again. May I encourage you to name your baby, even if you don't know the gender? I think this helps others to see that this baby though small was a real human being and loved.

Thinking of you and your family, and praying.

Deanna

elaine said...

Sorry for your loss.Allow yourself time to grieve.May you feel God's presence & peace in the days ahead.

Mama to 12, so far said...

Praying for your healing, heart and physical. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

kay said...

SO SORRY...(((HUGS))))

Sarah said...

I am so sorry!!!!